Monday, October 5, 2009

Farmers Market Saturday

Hello all, hope the weekend was great for everyone. The weather has finally cooled down, and we got to enjoy 2 lovely days of mid 70's. I had had enough of feeling like I lived in hell for 3 months. The cool down was welcomed.

I went to breakfast with some great friends and afterward we walked across the street to take advantage of the Davis Farmers Market. The vegetables were fantastic, and we got to sample a bunch of very tasty produce.

Afterward we went vintage shopping, one of my most favorite things to do, EVER, which I will talk about very soon. All in all it was a very laid back weekend with some great people.


Ever tried unpasteurized apple juice straight from the farm? Holy crap, it was good. The bacteria supposedly might make you seriously regret the decision of drinking unpasteurized, but it was fantastic. Sweeter than apple juice you get anywhere else and completely refreshing.

All the wildflowers were so beautiful, I like that unfussy way you can just throw them in a vase and they look like they were supposed to be arranged that way. Very dramatic looking and no work at all, which is the best way to do it.



Heirloom tomatoes are totally one of my favorite things. They are so funky looking, and some the colors are so beautiful.


Never tried a white eggplant, I wonder if it tastes any different than the purple ones?


1 comment:

  1. I don't know why but on sundays I like to go down town to see markets and store, I always hope that I will find something that I really need.

    ReplyDelete