Monday, March 8, 2010

The little gold man strikes again

I don't usually watch the Oscars, I usually get bored or I don't have the time, but because of the genius of DVR and the fact that I can fast forward through the boring parts I indulged. I liked it, I was shocked at some of it (how after 82 years Kathryn Bigelow is the first woman director to win? what?), I'm glad The Hurt Locker won so many awards, it's a great movie. If you haven't seen it, definitely do. But the fashion, oh the fashion...

I don't care what anybody says, I loved Sarah Jessica Parker's dress by Chanel. It was gorgeous. Pretty color, great shape, and lovely details. I've always been partial to a dress you can eat in, let your belly hang out in and no one knows...However...


Tom Fords face is basically exactly how I felt about SJP's hair. I wonder if he caught a look of her in the camera. Girl needs some hairspray.


Maggie Gyllenhall looked beautiful and the colors in her dress were amazing. It was like a painting.


I don't know why for the love of God Victoria Beckham was there (she should have been banned just on principal for Spice Girls the movie) but her dress was very pretty. I like the shape and the understated color. It looks great on her, good advertising for her own clothes.

Anna Kendricks dress is lovely, pretty color and gasp! Not a strapless. She might be on to something...

Sandy (I feel like we can be on a first name basis, she seems like she's that kinda gal) looked gorgeous. How did they get her hair to look like that? And those lips? Fab. Her dress just tied it all together. She could have just won an oscar for that hair. Period. And besides, her accpetance speech made me cry. I watched it again today and it still gets me. Grace, humor, humility and style, doesn't get better than that.



I know that the top looks like she just put on a full body spanx and then put a floaty skirt over it, but I like the color of Miley's dress and I think she looks pretty. Especially for a girl of her age, it's more classy than I would have given her credit for.


The very bad...
Hillary, Hillary, Hillary...what are you doing? We've really gone downhill here, especially from that pretty long sleeved navy number you wore when you won for Million Dollar Baby. Girl you need to reevalute this dress. You have nice boobs, we get it. Now go put on a real dress. You look like a walking advertisement for that new show "V."


I'd be laughing too if I were Zoe Saldana. The top of the dress is stunning, halfway down she looks like a window display for Anthropologie. Um, no.


BORING. And too dark. Dark hair, dark eye makeup, dark dress. Nicole Richey looks like an extra from Twilight. She needs to stick with color.

I know I'm supposed to like Vera Formiga's dress but she looks like something out of the sea. Like a sea sponge, or coral or something. I'm just not feeling it.

This one gets me every time. Its like just in case she needed a snack she just glued 2 cinnamon rolls to her chest. Rosettes on the boobs, why did we think this would be a good idea? I don't care who you think you are...John Galliano...no no no.

Ok there, my favorite part of the Oscars, judging people.

Have a god day!

7 comments:

  1. I'm right there with ya on all of these. SJP's was my favorite too! So original. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty much with you on all of what you said. Loved SJP's dress but the hair and fake tan stopped it from being a perfect look. I thought Maggie's dress really suited her, she looked adorable and happy.

    Anna Kendricks' dress is pretty but I didn't love the colour on her and while I wasn't 100% on Nicole Richie's dress the back saved me from hating it completely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about SJP's dress! I actually liked her hair too, but you're right, she really should have tamed those flyaways. And Vera Farmiga looked like lasagna or something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha - i love this review. i didn't catch Hilary Swank's dress. This is an outfit for the Grammys not the Oscars. also, when she sits, how does she keep her stomach from looking like Charlize's cinnamon buns?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cinnamon! Thanks for the laughter. Great post. You are spot on regarding EVERY point. After a rough week we vegged out in front the Oscars on Sunday. It felt good to be frivolous. Oh, also loved your comment on Sandy we're big fans of hers too.
    Warmly,
    Tracey
    P.S. Thanks so much for the kind words and good thoughts...they're much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. DEAD on, Lady!!

    I really liked Miley's {gasp!} and Anna's. So soft & sweet. Great recap! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I TOTALLY agree about Zoe's dress. The top is amazing, the bottom ruins it completely!

    ReplyDelete