Thursday, March 11, 2010

some people just stick with you


I haven't even worked a day and I'm already hearing interesting tales...

There is a woman at the home that was asked by one of the other residents if she would marry him after they had been spending time together for about 6 months. She walks around the home every day asking if she can have money for her wedding dress so that she can finally have her wedding.

I find it interesting that even though this man and woman have problems with memory they remember each other day in and day out, but I suppose there are some people in this world that just stick with you.

I found out today that man she was promised to died almost a year ago, and to this day she still wakes up every morning asking for a wedding dress for her wedding. She has never forgotten him, through the cloud of her disease, but she's glued to the promises of her past and for her its never going to change.

I find this so tragically romantic.

photo by algophotos

9 comments:

  1. Aww! That reminds me of a story I read once called "The Bear Came over the Mountain" by Alice Munro. On a lighter note, when my great grandma was in a nursing home some old guy asked her if she was "in the market for a boyfriend." She politely declined because, as she told me "what would I do with a boyfriend?" She was 99, so I have no idea what she would do lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweet story! its really interesting what peoples minds cling to. interesting and beautiful and sad:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's an incredible story. I'm not sure whether to be sad or happy--after all, she does get to wake up with that fresh hope every day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. tragically romantic is the best way to describe this story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I have something for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my - how sweet and sad at the same time. Thanks for sharing. Hope you had a lovely weekend my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an incredible story. Her mind remembers love, even if it forgets almost everything else. Beautiful..

    ReplyDelete