Friday, November 20, 2009

Christmas in a pan

Some of the Persimmons were starting to go soft on me, and after looking through what I had in the cupboard and the recipes online, I found a recipe for Persimmon pudding that looked delicious.

I've never cooked with Persimmons before, my dad always made Persimmon pudding when I was younger but I never really appreciated it.

This was DELICIOUS, and tasted like Christmas on a plate, and like all the recipes I have posted was really easy to do. It took almost no time at all. Even the boy liked it, who initially refused to eat the Persimmons cause he'd never had them before and "they look gross."

What you need:

2 cups of Persimmon pulp
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups of all purpose flour
2.5 cups of white sugar (although, I have to be honest, you could probably cut back on this a bit, it was pretty sweet)
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of ground Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt
2.5 cups of milk
4 tablespoons of melted butter

Preheat the oven to 325, butter a 9x13 inch baking pan

In a mixing bowl, combine the Persimmon pulp, baking soda, sugar and eggs. Mix well.

Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, milk, and melted butter. Stir in to combine.

Pour into baking pan and bake for 55 minutes.


This is what it looks like when you pull it out, it kind of sinks into itself.

Serve with warm with whipped cream.


So good, enjoy! And have a great weekend! Ours will be rainy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment