Monday, November 2, 2009

Road trip

Hello all, hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween.


Lately we've been doing a lot of mini road trips; something I always find a lot of fun.




We spent a long weekend in San Luis Obispo visiting the boys parents and my sister, who conveniently live in the same town. We ate a lot, shopped a lot and took the dog for her first time to the beach, which was fantastic. The weather was perfect, mid 70's and not a breath of wind.

I stopped by this cute store with some really cute knitted scarves, and I loved them but they were ridiculously priced, so I got inspired found an adorable knitting shop just around the corner (thank you iPhone) and bought a bunch of yarn. It inspired me to start knitting again. I found all this gorgeous hand dyed wool. I'll let you know how it turns out.

We ate at 2 fantastic restaurants, the first night we ate at NOVO, right downtown, with all outdoor dining, right next to the creek. Great food, good wine, and lovely company. Very romantic under the oak trees with the sound of water below you. Halloween night we ate at a restaurant called Blue, the food was wonderful, different presentation and meal ideas, the boys mom had buffalo short ribs and the boy had pheasant. I would recommend both places if you're in SLO but for Blue, save up your money cause it's REALLY expensive, if you're not careful; which after 2 martinis each, we weren't.

Some of the costumes were interesting, some were not. So far I think Heidi Klums is the most interesting, after looking through all the costumes online.


Riley made a very cute Lobster, don't you think?




We stopped by Avila Farms, and bought some homemade pies, some asian pears, and some black truffle olive oil before getting back on the road (I can't wait to cook with that!). All in all it was a gorgeous weekend, and some much needed relaxation.

How was Halloween for you?

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely weekend you had! I'm in due need of a road trip / weekend away :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to admit i was bummed by heidis costume - she always does things that are unique and beautiful...this seemed yucky

    ReplyDelete