Thursday, February 25, 2010

Wouldn't it be nice

Has anyone else been following the HGTV Dream Home sweepstakes? Each year they design and build a home somewhere in the country and reveal it on New Years Day, this year its in San Pedro, New Mexico in between Albuquerque and Santa Fe. While I have always wanted to visit New Mexico (I hear Taos and Santa Fe are gorgeous) I haven't ever really had the desire to live there; but, I would surely make the exception in this case.

The kitchen:


The fridge is covered in the same cherry finish as the cabinetry to make it all look neat and clean.

The Great Room:


The sitting room off of the entryway:

I love the tile around the fire place and the teal/grey velvet wing chairs. So pretty. It looks so inviting.

The dining room:


I really like how simple and clean everything is, it's modern and put together well.

The media room:
The walls were done in a cork to make the room feel more warm and not take away from what you're watching. I love the chaises and the three tier coffee table.

One of the guest rooms:

Great wall color!

The Master suite:

The house also includes an office, laudry room, kids bedroom with jack/jill bathroom, and a casita (guest house) for guests to stay in if they want more privacy; go check it out here to see more of the details! They announce the winner in 17 days...wouldn't it be lovely...

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is an amazing place, this is the house that everyone's dream ever, actually I would like more something more traditional, because I like to not wear anything on my feets when I'm home.

    ReplyDelete